I work full time from my home. I know what is great from my end, but I know others like working from home for many other reasons. So I asked. Yes, I know quite a few people that work full time and part time from their homes. People, just like you and me. And believe it or not, more are successful, than unsuccessful.
Today I want to focus on the pros. Why it’s kinda cool to be able to not only work from home but from anywhere! I take my laptop to the mall. I go to the park with my dog. I’ve even sat at Starbucks, but that because I needed their free wifi, lol. I travel a lot, mainly from Indiana to Florida, and I can work anywhere in between. I’ve even worked a bit while relaxing at the beach. I could go on, but let me share why other people have told me about why they like working from their home.
Why Do You Like Working from Home??
- A more balanced work and personal life.
- Avoid traffic/rush hour.
- Be a stay at home mom.
- Became more disciplined.
- Become more independent.
- Being in the comfort of your own surroundings.
- Can coach my daughter’s soccer team.
- Can enjoy the weather by taking my work outside.
- Can get up at 5:50 and be at work by 6:00 with coffee in hand.
- Can leave in an emergency, instead of having to wait an hour for a licensed replacement worker to show up so I can leave.
- Can make my own decisions.
- Can now have dinner ready for the family and I am able to eat with them too!
- Can stay more focused, on tasks at hand.
- Can sleep in most mornings.
- Can eat my lunch and watch “General Hospital”.
- Can work for as long as I want or as short as I want.
- Can work from the coffee shop. (pretty much from anywhere)
- Care for my sick wife/husband/mom/dad/aunt/etc.
- Casual Friday is all week long.
- Cuts down on clothing allowance (for work).
- Create my own pay raises.
- Created my own work environment.
- Decorated my office how I wanted.
- Do not feel obligated to attend boring office parties anymore.
- Don’t have to shower every morning.
- Earning a living from home is awesome!
- Easier to prepare your work week.
- Easy to run errands. Don’t have to beg to do a 20-minute errand.
- Eat healthier/better.
- Eat lunch or snack when you want, not at a set hour.
- Eliminates long commutes.
- Enjoys the work that they do.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Fewer distractions.
- Fewer sick days.
- Flexible scheduling/work hours.
- Get to stay home with my dogs and take them for walks.
- Have weekends off now.
- Healthier–no being around others that are sick.
- Helps to balance my work and personal life.
- “Home” can be anywhere in the world.
- How much money I make is up to me.
- I can be as creative as I want
- I can come up with ideas like crazy!
- I can go on holiday whenever I want for as long as I want.
- I can go to the sauna once a week when it is quiet.
- I can start work when I want to.
- I can work on my laptop even in my bed.
- I determine how much I get paid.
- I don’t have to drive when bad weather hits.
- I get to travel.
- If I get overwhelmed, I can just get up from my chair and go for a quick jog!
- I get paid on my own merits, efforts, and value!
- I have a chance to express myself and help others
- If I need to run to the store I do.
- I’m in control.
- I’m already home when hubby comes home from work.
- If I’m sick I can still work in bed.
- I make the rules.
- I’m there when the kids come home from school.
- Increases my motivation as well as production.
- I’ve made a ton of friends working from home.
- Keeping in touch – you don’t have everyone physically around you all the time, you become much more aware of the importance of needing to keep in touch.
- Learn way more.
- Learned to be more self-motivated.
- Less money on office space.
- Less wear and tear on my vehicle.
- Managing work and the kids are much easier. I can do a lot more, that I couldn’t before. No missed school conferences. No missed spelling bees. No missed Father & Daughter days!
- Mental well-being.
- More beauty sleep since I don’t have to get up earlier to get ready for work and then drive.
- More productive.
- More time with the family/kids–no more missing kids sports/plays/functions.
- Much more comfortable working environment.
- No alarm clock. Did I say no alarm clock?
- No annoying co-workers/supervisors/boss.
- No distractions.
- No longer having to pay for daycare after school!
- No more having to ask for time off from work for appointments, school functions, sick days, etc.
- No need to wear makeup.
- No office politics!
- No one is yelling at me to get back to my desk.
- Not having to go out to a day job when it is cold and snowy and icy!
- Not having to work outside in the hot/cold/rainy/snowy weather anymore.
- Own, your own business.
- Quieter atmosphere.
- Reduced environmental stress.
- Saves time.
- Saves you money in gas, having to buy dress/office clothes, suits, ties, informs. Dry cleaning. Toll booths. Subway, city bus ferry fare/pass. Lunches or dinners-whether you bring them from home or eat out.
- One fellow I know tracked his savings, and he saved over $1,000 in 12 months.
- Set realistic/satisfying goals.
- Showing others it can be done. Especially to those that said I couldn’t.
- Smoke in your office if you are a smoker.
- Stays motivated.
- Structure every work day differently.
- Take bathroom breaks when I want to, without anyone’s permission.
- Take my dog on walks, when I take a break.
- Tax advantages/tax deductions.
- The opportunity to make a living from my home and set my our hours!
- Time for workouts.
- You are your own boss.
- You have more control over distractions you may have at home.
- Your office can be anywhere. One gal has her office in a small section of her closet. She shuts her work away at the end of the day.
- Was able to learn a completely new career.
- Was able to go back to school.
- Work in PJ’s.
- Working on my own but not by myself.
- Wear whatever I want.
- Work is on my schedule.
- Workaround the kids’ school hours. Around your full time or part-time job. In between your college/university classes.
Does Any of that Sound Good to You?
Does any of these pros above sound good to you? I found a lot I hadn’t even thought of. And they sound awesome!! Let me know in my comments section below the top 5 pros that you like best! I’d be interested to hear.
Can One Really Earn Money, Working from Home?
I wish this could be answered with a flat out, yes, but I can’t. Not honestly, anyways. You will need to work hard. You will have to apply yourself. If you are determined to make money, while working from home, then do so. Work this like, you would any other job. Only harder!!
Set yourself up some goals. Commit to how much time your willing to give to your business. YesRight, this will be your business. Even at first, you can only work it a couple of hours a night. COMMIT.
You, Will, Have to Learn First
You can take an idea. Any idea/interest/etc. Something that you know a lot about. Or wouldn’t mind learning more about. Is there something your passionate about. I have a daughter that is so passionate about sports, that’s what she majored in, in college! I’m sure you get my drift here. Bottom line is, you want to learn how to make money with your idea. Right?
Learn to build a website. And not just any website, but your website. I can hear you now, “but I don’t know how to build a website.” That’s cool, neither did I. Yet, I was able to build me an awesome, website, in less than 30 seconds. I lie to you not. You can read for yourself here, but I hope you stay and finish reading. You need absolutely no design skills to build your website. I can promise you that.
You will also learn ways in which will bring you traffic to your website. You want people coming to your new website. But not just any old way, you will learn the proven ways in which to direct a lot of traffic/people to your website. I know this sounds like an awful lot of learning. It really isn’t that hard, and you can go at your own pace. Isn’t it time that you start earning the money you deserve??? Directing people to your website is how you will earn money. They are who you are selling to. Or advertising to.
Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to rank with Google. And you want to rank with Google and it’s not hard at all. Did you know that Google directs over 65% of traffic to websites? There are over 4 billion people online. That’s more than 4 billion people that can become your potential customers.
Your Revenue Sources are UNLIMITED!!
The fun part about this whole learning process is once you have traffic, you can start selling all kinds of products, without spending any money of yours. You can learn to do this through what is called affiliate programs. Have you ever heard of affiliate marketing? It’s ok if you haven’t. I hadn’t either, but I have learned what it is now, and how it works. And how I can make money with all these affiliate programs.
There are over 600 millions products in which to choose from. Are you starting to get a picture now? That’s over 600 million products and you don’t have to keep one of them as inventory. Nor will you have to invest a bunch of money buying these products in bulk. You’ll l learn how to promote these products, on the website that you have built. Which then will earn you money. How much you earn is up to you. Work a little, possibly earn a little. Work it hard and get some real cash!
Start This Learning for FREE!!
Now, since you probably don’t know anything about affiliate marketing. How could you tell if it’s the thing for you? Or if you’ll even like doing it. So, why don’t you start learning for free?? No money down, no need to give a credit or debit card number. To begin your Free Starter Membership, all you need is an email address. That’s it.
Then you can log on with that email address and begin to learn — for free. After the first 10 lessons, you will have your very own website, that you have built. You will be armed with the knowledge that I’ve mentioned above. All for free.
Try Those 10 Lessons for Free and THEN Decide…
You will get THE BEST training worldwide. With videos, that take you step by step. Live chat, where you can go to ask for help. Everything you need is yours for the taking! Ready? Let’s do this!!
OR WAIT UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND, THEN SIGN UP FOR A YEAR, WITH A $60 SAVINGS!!!!! REGULAR COST $359
BLACK FRIDAY COST $299
IF you have any others I’d be glad to add them to the list. Just drop them in the comments, below.
*The above comments I got from friends locally, as well as others at Wealthy Affiliate.